Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Little Late...

...for a Christmas post, but better late than never.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
We certainly had a lovely Christmas here, although it was quite different than what I am used to!

" My soul is filled with joy
As I sing to God my saviour:
You have looked upon your servant,
You have visited your people.

"And holy is your name
Through all generations!
Everlasting is your mercy
To the people you have chosen,
And holy is your name.


"I am lowly as a child,
But I know from this day forward
That my name will be remembered,
For all will call me blessed.


"And holy is your name
Through all generations!
Everlasting is your mercy
To the people you have chosen,
And holy is your name.







I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
We certainly had a lovely Christmas here, although it was quite different than what I am used to!

A few of my housemates made us a fancy dinner...
(Yes, our 'dining room table' is outside on the porch :)

"I proclaim the pow’r of God,
You do marvels for your servants;
Though you scatter the proud-hearted
And destroy the might of princes.


"And holy is your name
Through all generations!
Everlasting is your mercy
To the people you have chosen,
And holy is your name.



Sadly, we had no snow, no ice, no -10°C weather, and no real pine trees.
However, we rustled this up, not necessarily a real tree, but good enough to make it feel like Christmas :)


We had lots of fun doing a gift exchange, topped off with eating lots of yummy snacks and desserts



"To the hungry you give food,
send the rich away empty.
In your mercy you are mindful
of the people you have chosen.


"And holy is your name
Through all generations!
Everlasting is your mercy
To the people you have chosen,
And holy is your name.



     I was delighted on Boxing Day to receive the package from you ladies at church! Believe me, it made my day!!! I am so thankful for each of you!
      Sometimes, it can be easy to feel alone here and very disconnected, but as you all remind me in your cards and notes, I am not alone, and I know that you all are praying for me, and that is very comforting! I treasure that more than you know!


"In your love you now fulfill
What you promised to your people.
I will praise you, Lord, my saviour,
Everlasting is your mercy. 


"And holy is your name
Through all generations!
Everlasting is your mercy
To the people you have chosen,
And holy is your name." 



-         "My Soul is Filled with Joy" - The Song of Mary
My favourite Christmas song


Love you all and miss you all!!
Love, Becca

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, Rebecca! Beautiful song! I just wanted to encourage you to press on in the very worthwhile calling you've chosen. May the Lord Jesus encourage you with His strength and presence -Immanuel, God with us!
    We were encouraged by the Christian midwife who helped to take care of Nathan and I during the pregnancy and birth, still a student herself... She really truly loves babies and talked to him each visit and through the birth. :) Besides sharing our values, she was also helpful, kind, and supportive.

    ReplyDelete