Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Shift!!!

Had a super awesome shift at the clinic this afternoon!!!
There ended up only being one birth, but the baby was adorable, and the momma was amazing!!! She couldn't have been sweeter or cuter!!

 I had the pleasure of working with Gabriella, who is an amazing midwife, and lots of fun to work with!

I also learned how to properly fold gauze, and package it in its little sterile paper. Yes, there is an art to it, but I think I've got it down pat! :)

A couple of updates:

- We only have two weeks of language classes left!! We are very excited to be finished, although it was a wonderful experience. Sadly, we are not fluent, as in, at all!!

- We had our interview this past week, part of the processing of our missionary visas, and it went very well!! If all goes well now, we should get our visas approved in the next couple months.

- We still don't know many details about our trip into the province, but we do know that we will be doing the first week on Samal, the little island in the bay under Davao City. Then we will be going (we think! :)) to Butuan, where the 'A'  is on the map. It is pronounced 'Butwan'. We will be there for two weeks, really getting immersed in the language, learning evangelism training, and learning the culture of life outside the city. After those two weeks, we will go back to Samal for a few days debriefing. That will all happen in November. If you would like to read up a little more on the organization we are going with it is called Nehemiah Teams (http://www.nehemiahteams.com/). They usually take groups on two month trips, but we are getting a shorter one, because of how it is integrated with our work here.


 - I also went to 'my' church again this morning. It is the same church I have been attending for the last six (or so) weeks.  I absolutely love it! We sing familiar hymns, use virtually the same order of worship that I am used to, and the people are amazing! Incredibly friendly and welcoming! Occasionally, some or all of the preaching is in Visayan. Although, I obviously can't understand all of it, I can get some, and it makes me happy, when I can still follow along!
 Praise God, that I could find such a wonderful church family!!

1 comment:

  1. So neat that you have a church where things are familiar. Sounds like you are having a great time and experiencing so much!

    ReplyDelete